Should you wish to contact the Governing Body, then please contact the Clerk to the Governors at the above email address.
What do Governors do?
The broad areas of responsibility are:
- As a Voluntary Aided School, Hartlip School Governors are the employers of the staff
- Interview and appoint staff
- Set the strategic direction of the school/ establish clear policies
- Determine the aims and curriculum policy of the school
- Ensure national requirements and pupils’ needs are met
- Allocate the schools budget in line with our school improvement plan
- Have responsibility for safeguarding
- Challenge and support the school by monitoring, review and evaluation
- Ensure accountability of Headteacher and staff
- Foster good relations with parents and the local community